BLIK and Uber Eats join forces
BLIK mobile payments are now available for Uber Eats customers in Poland. For BLIK, this is the next stage of expanding their presence on global platforms. Uber Eats now offers their customers an option to pay with their favourite payment method.
Since Uber Eats first appeared in Poland, users have been able to pay for their orders via online payment, a card linked to the application, or directly in cash on delivery.
Especially in recent months of social isolation, electronic payments have gained popularity, increasing to nearly 50% since the beginning of the pandemic, while on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, over 7.3 million transactions were made using BLIK.
Responding to the needs of users, Uber Eats joined forces with the operator of the BLIK system to provide a convenient and safe way to pay for online orders, without incurring additional costs.
Supporting restaurants in growing their business
By joining forces with Uber Eats, restaurants can increase their customer base and expand their offer to include online payments, which may not always be offered locally. Partnering with Uber Eats helps restaurant customers pay safely, quickly and without contact, while helping restaurants protect their premises and staff.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, it has been proven more than once that BLIK is not only a convenient and easy-to-use payment method, but also helps keep social distance in various methods of payment. Partnering with Uber Eats, a company that also focuses on ensuring safety, in this case of deliveries, is an additional benefit for BLIK users - they can order food and pay in their preferred way, says Magdalena Kubisa, Director of Business Development at Polish Payment Standard, operator of the BLIK system.
How does it work?
BLIK is a modern, widely-used mobile payment system. It involves entering a one-time six-digit code generated in the bank's mobile application. To use this form of payment:
- Choose your favourite food on the Uber Eats platform.
- When finalising the order, select BLIK as the payment method.
- In the Uber Eats app, enter the code previously generated in the bank's mobile app.
- Approve the payment in the bank's application and wait for the order.
For more information please contact:
BLIK Press Office
Mobile: +48 501 086 280